Copyright 2019. Village Home Care. All rights reserved.
198 Carmona Ste 12 • Hot Springs Village • AR, 71909
Our employee training program meets or exceeds guidelines set forth by the State of Arkansas for elder care. Included in our annual training program will be training on developing the necessary skills to provide assistance with all activities of daily living, correct methods for transferring in and out of beds, chairs, recliners and wheelchairs. Hygiene care for clients that are unable to shower or bath is also covered in our training programs. We also provide advanced training to our employees on the care of clients with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Additionally, we provide training to all Staff Members about their responsibilities regarding elder abuse identification and reporting and HIPPA regulations pertaining to privacy.
As part of the employment process for a Caregiver or Housekeeper, VHC maintains policies
Maintain all Caregivers as employees of the company. Private contractors or self-employed
• We perform criminal background checks on each Caregiver or Housekeeper employed by
• We verify that employees (who will be driving on behalf of our clients) have a valid driver’s
We obtain a DMV driving record for each Caregiver who will be driving a client and
• We always conduct face-to-face interviews for employment with each
• We require at least 2 positive references from prior employment.
• All Caregivers and Housekeepers must provide negative TB results annually when tested.
• We require that all caregivers and Housekeepers go through an orientation upon hire that
We validate a Caregiver applicant’s home making and home care skills through verified
completion of written assessment.
• . We require that all Caregivers and Housekeepers be able to effectively communicate in English
emergency situation where they would be required to communicate with emergency personnel on behalf of a client, emergency personnel would be able to accurately understand the client’s situation and other pertinent information necessary to ensure the client’s well-being.